Activists curtailed in USA (MER and Women in Black)

Bryan Atinsky bryan at indymedia.org.il
Thu Nov 15 15:54:10 PST 2001

You know something, there are some really aggressive assholes in the bunch here, no?

I forwarded the content of something I was e-mailed, from a legitimate source I might add (knowing the people in ICAHD personally, I know that they don't usually go around spreading unsubstantiated rumors). I am sorry that it said MER.org, which was in the original letter I forwarded...perhaps the author of the original e-mail made a...oh my god no....mistake. (I never really registered that it could be confusing to others, and for that I am sincerely sorry. I merely forwarded what was already written in the letter). I am sorry that I took it for granted that people would know who they are, but I guess I am Middle East centric, and it is a known site in the circles here.

I knew the site still existed, but after checking, I could see that it had not been updated since last month. Hence, I wasn't sure what the situation of the original letter was. It was from a source I trusted, but it didn't jive 100 percent with the evidence. That is why I forwarded the letter here. In case anyone else knew anything (I mistakenly thought that you were a helpfull bunch of people). I was trying to find out if anyone knew anything about WHY they had suspended, at this point in time, their service. The question is whether there were personal/technical reasons for the suspension, or whether it had anything to do with outside pressures.

I wasn't neccesarily trying to inform anyone with the e-mail, but trying to ask for information myself. Remind me not to do it in the future with you bunch.

thanks,

Bryan

=----- Original Message ----- From: "budge" <budge at el-pleasant.org> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2001 7:00 PM Subject: Re: Activists curtailed in USA (MER and Women in Black)