Arguments for ground war - forget it

Kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Mon Nov 19 07:10:34 PST 2001

At 09:50 AM 11/19/01 -0500, Gordon Fitch wrote:
> > At 07:37 AM 11/19/01 -0500, Gordon Fitch wrote:
> > > Maybe I should get down on their level,
>
>Kelley:
> > you're already there.
>
>I don't think so. I haven't imputed bad character or
>repugnant personal behavior to anyone on the list.

and max and brad have? i see.

>I've been patiently sticking to the text. That people concoct
>and publish certain texts may reflect badly on them, but
>I can't help that.

sure you can, you can stop typing them to this list.

> I suppose such things could be passed
>over in silence, but that might seem to condone them,
>which I don't want give the even the appearance of
>doing.
>
>-- Gordon

elsewhere, you admit that you'd been foolish enough to engage in the nearest antiwar protest, something you think is wrongheaded b/c it presumes that such things can influence USG policy. but, oh, now we see that (at least some of) the people involved in such protests are not trying to influence US policy (no, they are not saying that justice as vengeance is wrong), and, instead, that they are just doing what they have to do to fight evil.

my answer was specifically to the claim that peace protesters felt a moral duty to oppose evil. i pointed out that abortion protestors believe they are doing the same.