lbo-talk-digest V1 #5347

Chris Doss chrisd at russiajournal.com
Wed Nov 28 09:48:10 PST 2001

Kelley said:

>Mostly because people get drunk a lot.
>These surveys are all bullshit, anyway. How do you compare the US and
>Saudi Arabia, where you can have multiple wives?

well, gee, only an american would think having multiple wives was primarily about having sex.

----------- Um, did I say it was? No. Did I imply that it was? No. But cultural differences like polygamy are going to influence things like, oh, say, number of sexual partners, duh. And things like societies where people are expected to marry in their early teens (or earlier).

--------------- only an american...

My latent anti-Americanism is at an all-time high with the jingoism that I am, thank god, only vicariously experiencing. I thereby reserve my right to take cheap shots as much as I can.

And yeah, actually I would wager that American culture is one of the most sex-obssessed in the world.

Chris Doss The Russia Journal