On Selective Pacifism & other Oddities

Charles Jannuzi jannuzi at edu00.f-edu.fukui-u.ac.jp
Thu Nov 29 04:39:19 PST 2001

Brad:
>>I cannot believe that you believe that the Taliban did not know what
Al-Qaeda was, and what kinds of operations Al-Qaeda was planning.<<

One has to wonder where the freak you were on 9-11. No sarcasm.

I find it unbelievable that the Taliban wanted bombed into oblivion by the US B-52s. Also, it's quite clear that some parts of the Taliban didn't want to side with OBL. Several years ago there was an attempt to kill him and over a hundred people died. It may have been Iran, it may have been Russia, it may have been the US trying to get him. But it may well have been anti-OBL Taliban involved. Moreover, it is not apparent than any of the people who pulled off 9-11 were directly deployed from OBL's groups in Afghanistan.

Charles Jannuzi