Fisk Erupts

Dennis dperrin13 at mediaone.net
Thu Nov 29 06:40:32 PST 2001

[Blistering piece by Fisk. Here are but two of the many fiery paragraphs. DP]

Yet suddenly, after 11 September, we went mad. We bombed Afghan villages into rubble, along with their inhabitants - blaming the insane Taliban and Osama bin Laden for our slaughter - and now we have allowed our gruesome militia allies to execute their prisoners. President George Bush has signed into law a set of secret military courts to try and then liquidate anyone believed to be a "terrorist murderer" in the eyes of America's awesomely inefficient intelligence services. And make no mistake about it, we are talking here about legally sanctioned American government death squads. They have been created, of course, so that Osama bin Laden and his men should they be caught rather than killed, will have no public defence; just a pseudo trial and a firing squad.

It's quite clear what has happened. When people with yellow or black or brownish skin, with Communist or Islamic or Nationalist credentials, murder their prisoners or carpet bomb villages to kill their enemies or set up death squad courts, they must be condemned by the United States, the European Union, the United Nations and the "civilised" world. We are the masters of human rights, the Liberals, the great and good who can preach to the impoverished masses. But when our people are murdered - when our glittering buildings are destroyed - then we tear up every piece of human rights legislation, send off the B-52s in the direction of the impoverished masses and set out to murder our enemies.

http://argument.independent.co.uk/commentators/story.jsp?story=107292 -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20011129/b25854d7/attachment.htm>