Ideological Purity Re: WWP and working with them.

Dennis dperrin13 at mediaone.net
Thu Oct 4 06:36:19 PDT 2001

> I gues[s]
> I'm hoping that Dennis can disagre[e] with Yoshie in the same fashion, not
> for the sake of 'good manners' but because I think it actually helps the
> construction of a left anti-war movement.

> steve

Actually, my first post in this thread had to do with working with the WWP generally, and was not aimed at Yoshie specifically. It was she who took up the cause of working, marching and chanting along with those who support Chinese state violence and the killing of unarmed dissidents. Now I'm being told by you and she that it really doesn't matter; what matters is the "construction of a left anti-war movement." Why "left"? What's wrong with a citizens movement? For activists who have little problem linking arms with vile sectarians (regardless of stripe), you seem awfully parochial in this regard. Like I said before, try taking some of your WWP pals around to the average US neighborhood and let them explain their positions on issues and see how far that gets you. The WWP, scum though they are, are surface oriented, and slap just about any old label on their latest attempt to dupe the likes of you and Yoshie into holding their hands and watching their backs. But as far as working with average Americans and helping them understand what it is their government does, the WWP are worthless and, indeed, counterproductive. Oh, but they make such great banners!

DP