The anti imperialism of fools?

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 4 15:28:16 PDT 2001

>From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>
>
>Didn't the article make the point that we should distinguish
>between the U.S. ruling class and its state, on one hand, and the
>masses and our culture (both pop and high) on the other? I don't
>think it'd be news to anyone that I despise the American imperial
>state.

Sorry, Doug, but all of us Americans have ceded our power of attorney to that imperial state, and ultimately we have to bear the consequences. When you hang out a sign saying that your government is "of the people, by the people and for the people," you the citizen bear inescapable responsibility for what that government does. Ignorance of your duly elected agents' actions is no excuse.

Carl