Blair's evidence against Bin Laden

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Fri Oct 5 11:15:47 PDT 2001

At 10:51 AM 10/5/01 -0700, Michael Perelman wrote:
>Would the terrorists be silly enough to wait in a training camp. Isn't
>the usual tactic to disperse and wait and then attack when the invader is
>most vulnerable? Say, to shoot a couple of soldiers who wander off.
>Then, the invader retaliates in a way that wins sympathy for the
>terrorist.
>
>If this sort of tactic is so good, why haven't the Israeli assinations
>brought peace?

right. they'll be dispersing among villages, blending in.

from the paper that is said to have influenced Shrub (see also the part about how, from the get go, they probably weren't going to abide by any form of justice via international courts)

"•When we cannot get physical access to those who are truly guilty, we must hunt them down and kill them.

•Some of this will be done in the context of open military strikes; but we need to develop a covert capability to hunt down and kill terrorists of this kind over a period of years, and we need to make it clear that those who associate with terrorists, and the families of terrorists, will often be casualties in the process.

•This is not the same as killing leaders in peacetime or “assassinations.” It means minimizing the overall use of force, and striking against proven enemies. We must create a structure in which no one who strikes with extreme violence can ever feel secure again."