citizenship

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Sat Oct 6 08:40:32 PDT 2001

At 11:26 AM 10/6/01 -0400, Chip Berlet wrote:
>Um, Dennis, in the civil liberties community the phrase "US persons" is used
>precisely because it refers to all persons present in the US and not just
>citizens.
>
>Yoshie is raising issues of language that are commonly discussed in the human
>rights community as well.
>
>Wake up and smell your rhetoric...
>
>-Chip

i have question: if a person lives in US aren't they entitled to all the rights of a citizen? or, rather, are supposed to be given the discourse of citizenship and rights that the C and BoR is founded on?

otherwise, Dennis made a mistake, a slip. He's quite aware of the issues involved as far as I can see. It would be like me taking to task every single man on this list every single time they say something similar. Yoshie is now on to another issue, the use of fascism.