Anti-War Movements

Stephen E Philion philion at hawaii.edu
Tue Oct 16 23:12:44 PDT 2001

> >> Well who attacked the WTC then?
> >>
> >> Doug
> >
> >The Sandinistas?
> >
> >Steve
>
> I'm waiting for the masked avenger subcommandante Marcos
> to chime in. Will the Mexicans label him a terroist? I doubt it,
> last I heard Fox was going to negotiate but we'll see.
>
> Anyway, I doubt he'll say something to the effect that it serves
> Tio Sam right for spreading mayhem across the globe. Maybe
> he will, but you'd never see him pull a 9.11 stunt against
> innocent civilians; he's sort of the anti-ObL. Any word on
> the anti-terrorism legislation? I've heard it's draconian
> in regards to immigrants.
>
> Peter

Though obviously my oneworder was ironical, I also wrote it because the recent press releaese put out by the would be warriors against terrorism in the Bush administration warning of links between the Sandinistas and terrorism really reveal the cynical *and* political basis of this new campaign. I agree with Yoshie on this one, it is quite clear that the war has little to do with the problem of terrorism or more important soliving that problem...

Steve