Anti-war

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Thu Oct 18 15:54:39 PDT 2001

>At 05:53 PM 10/18/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>>Now, as a matter of fact, being a single mom or dad does make it
>>difficult to do any activism, but it doesn't make it impossible to do
>>so. Those who berate others for "doing nothing" surely must be doing
>>something, rather than posting to e-lists. I recommend that she cut
>>the considerable time she spends on posting & use it for organizing.
>
>Yoshie, I guess you haven't worked a 9 to 5 for a while. She posts
>at work! You, as a grad student with time on your hands (I used to
>be one, I know) have the flexibility to organize and run around; she
>has to be at work...where she has time to post.
>
>Congratulations on the raise Kel! (I'm a single mom with two kids;
>raises make a diff.)
>
>But, more to the point, we are ALL frustrated with being able to do
>very little right now and we're taking it out on each other. As my
>acupuncturist puts it, "Not perfect!"
>
>Joanna B

Sorry to say, but I rather doubt Kelley has done anything she claims to have done (now or in the pre-motherhood period). The reason for my skepticism is that if she had indeed done half of the things that she mentioned anecdotally, she must have lived for at least a couple of hundred years. In other words, things don't add up. I've always thought so, but in fear of offending anyone's feelings, I've never mentioned it. As I said, however, I'd offer a sincere apology if I hear from folks in her town that I'm mistaken about her.

Yoshie