Note to the "ladder of force left"

Dennis dperrin13 at mediaone.net
Thu Oct 18 21:27:42 PDT 2001

> Suppose, for example, you lived in a society in which "nobles" had the
power
> to commit all manner of crimes against "serfs", and were never punished
for
> their murders, rapes, thefts, tortures, and other abuses, but in which
> "serfs" committing similar actions against nobles were hauled into court,
> tried, convicted, and executed. You would of course be repelled by this
> society, and you would hope that there were serfs who were struggling for
> equality, and even some nobles who were critical of the present reality
and
> hoped for a better world.

> Lou Paulsen
> member, WWP, Chicago

Well, wouldn't your example fit China's rulers, who (correct me if I'm wrong) your "party" supports? I mean, didn't the Chinese invade Tibet in order to overthrow what they saw as a theocracy? Haven't they, as "nobles," been quite rough on those who wish for some political/religious breathing room? Aren't they assisting global capital by allowing sweatshops to operate under their rule? In this sense, I agree with you: I'm "repelled by this society." Are you?

DP