Getting rid of spam

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Sep 6 11:20:03 PDT 2001

Kelley wrote:

>uhm, well, if they were handling it, she wouldn't have seen it to
>begin with, eh?

Panix doesn't apply the filters unless you ask.

>a technical solution to spam blocking often fails to discriminate
>between unsolicited bulk mail and solicited bulk mail (a list).

With the Panix filters, presumed spam is dumped into a spam folder, which you can then inspect with Pine or Elm or some other Unix mailer. I've been checking, and it's all spam and SirCam.

>of course, if they were really any good, they'd have hired me. i'm
>the real answer to their problems. heh.

Someone told me that Sun scans all resumes and throws out all those not containing names like Stanford, MIT, and Yale.

Doug