nference on Racism:Jewish Caucus Statement

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Sep 7 09:09:26 PDT 2001

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Macdonald Stainsby wrote:
>
> >I mean Israel. A country founded on that notion cannot remain.
> >It's sad I need to say this, but of course I mean the state not the people.
> >
> >I would also add in all settler states and Britain (just for kicks).
>
> So where are all these people supposed to go? Into the seas? Is
> Canada included?

Everyone has the right to be deliberately obtuse at times, but Doug abuses the privilege. The "mere" granting of equal rights to Palestinians would in effect be a dissolution of the state of Israel. Any defense of the continued existence of the _state_ of Israel is a defense of apartheid hiding behind the misuse of language.

Carrol