backstreet boys back off

pms laflame at mindspring.com
Tue Sep 25 09:32:13 PDT 2001

"Schundler running for governor in New Jersey blamed military cutbacks for the failure to stop the attacks and was slammed by everyone, including the sitting GOP governor."

I have heard one almost universally accepted reason for the attacks, or at least barrier to stopping further attacks, and that is the Church Commission. Many of our guests who have no idea who or what Church was, have mentioned this attack on CIA in the seventies, which must be undone if our intelligence agencies are to protect us. I remember seeing a few "experts" talking about this right after the bombing but still surprised at how it took root. One guy I saw didn't mention specifically blamed the inability to have agents pose as clergy and journalists as having a crippling effect.

Speaking of journalists, I have searched for an account of any investigation that followed the assassination of Massoud and havn't found one. I would really like to know if those guys were known to the Alliance people, or just what sort of credentials they carried. After all, we aren't talking about people inexperienced in protecting themselves.

HELLO TO ALL THOSE WHO'VE CONTACTED ME BY EMAIL, sorry, I have been dead-on busy and have really had no time to even post to LBO, hence some of my paranoid ramblings have not contained the sorts of qualifiers they might in other circumstances, Anyway, that's why I havn't answered any individuals.Schundler running for governor in New Jersey blamed military cutbacks for the failure to stop the attacks and was slammed by everyone, including the sitting GOP governor.

AND SETH, IF YOU'RE HERE , thanks so much for the paper. God I wish Atl had something so useful.

smooches Paula

Oh yea, Re: testing the limits of patriotism:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The ranking Democrat of the House Financial Services Committee has asked financial regulators to consider putting a temporary halt to short selling, saying the practice may be putting further pressure on already fragile markets.

"I am concerned that the confluence of negative macroeconomic forces and possible short selling and speculation in stocks from industries now under pressure may be adding to the downward cycle we are seeing in the markets since trading resumed on Monday," said John LaFalce (D-N.Y.).

"To the extent that short sellers have played a significant role in creating the current market conditions, I request that you consider the appropriateness of certain measures, including inhibiting short selling," LaFalce said in a letter to Securities and Exchange Commission head Harvey Pitt..........................

9/24 CNN online