Sociology and Explanations (Re: Hitchens responds to critics

Ian Murray seamus2001 at home.com
Sat Sep 29 13:31:51 PDT 2001

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ken Hanly" <khanly at mb.sympatico.ca>

> Did members of the Royal Family actually leave town? My source was
from the
> Debka files they do not seem reliable. I wasnt able to confirm that
the
> ailing king and others had flown to Switzerland. But perhaps they
did.

> Cheers, Ken Hanly

Ken I can't remember what site I saw it on but it wasn't the Debka stuff. It too could be wrong. I would note that in late 1979 the great mosque Mecca was overrun by radicals and the Royal Family was shocked/incensed. I can't figure out if they fled temporarily. The source on this doesn't say if the Mosque was overrun during Ramadan.

Ian