SJP at Berkeley

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Apr 25 09:14:27 PDT 2002

Eric wrote (using some silly font that could not be copied in the reply:

> with all due respect:

King is easy to misuse. One of the ways was recently pointed out by a poster on psn: namely, King often used some such expression as "You had better deal with me or else violent leaders will replace me."

Translation:

"I will stand here peacefully while you beat me up. But if you do and refuse to give me what I want, that man over ther will shoot you."

I suspect (and this is in praise not criticism of King) that his words re accepting punishment were equally double-tongued.

Carrol