Gore did it to himself

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 5 20:20:40 PDT 2002

>Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 22:10:49 -0700
>
>Did it ever occur to anyone that recognizing the tepid quality of Gore's
>campaign doesn't entail excusing Nader for costing him the presidency?

"Excuse" him? Since when does the leader of a rival political party owe the candidate of his opponent's party his support? What's to excuse? No apologies. Bush sucks, but the only thing we Naderites regret is that our guy didn't do better.

>Nader apologists

We're called "supporters." You guys are the apologists. You have something to apologize for. We don't.

are about as astute as the local sports columnists who
>solemnly points out that the last second blown call handing the game to the
>visitors was really inconsequential because the home team should've been
>further ahead. Sheesh.

jks