Anarcho-Stalinism (chuck)

Chuck Munson chuck at tao.ca
Tue Aug 6 12:46:09 PDT 2002

rickling at softhome.net wrote:

> Chuck Munson writes:
>
> > I certainly wouldn't choose any organized labor union at this point.
>
> In non-right to work states, union membership -- or at least paying agency
> fees -- thankfully isn't an issue of individual choice for organized
> workplaces. Announcing your abstract intentions to vote "no" in any NLRB
> election demonstrates the foolishness of the vacant individualism that
> plagues so much anarchist "analysis" today.

Vacant individualism? You show your ignorance of contemporary anarchism rather boldly.

If we want something more than widespread representation in official NLRB unions--like a bigger revolution against capitalim--we're going to have to stop wasting our time on labor reformism. I maintain that this failure to think big and engage in rear guard tepid unionization efforts, is the reason why working people dislike unions as much as other institutions in American society. The pro-union leftists would have you believe that unions are unpopular because they have been attacked by the capitalists.

Whenever I hear this, I laugh real hard. I find it hard to believe that unions are downtrodden when so many of them have nice fucking headquarters offices in Washington, DC. Have any of you ever seen these buildings?

And then big labor has millions of dollars to throw around. Right now, one of them in underwriting the financing of a swanky new capitalist development in Chinatown.

None of these big unions are engaged in ANY kind of class war against the bosses. They WORK WITH the bosses. Working people understand this, like they understand that voting is a sham, which is why they won't join unions.

> > If you recall, labor had more power when it was
> > autonomous and NOT organized into a few national unions.
>
> Exactly what time period are you thinking of?

The late 19th and early 20th century when workers were being killed by the government. Read any histories of the period?

<< Chuck0 >>

Personal homepage -> http://flag.blackened.net/chuck0/home/index.html Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Factsheet 5 -> http://www.factsheet5.org/ AIM: AgentHelloKitty

Web publishing and services for your nonprofit: Bread and Roses Web Publishing http://www.breadandrosesweb.org/

"...ironically, perhaps, the best organised dissenters in the world today are anarchists, who are busily undermining capitalism while the rest of the left is still trying to form committees."

-- Jeremy Hardy, The Guardian (UK)