Anarcho-Stalinism (chuck)

JBrown72073 at cs.com JBrown72073 at cs.com
Tue Aug 6 15:05:28 PDT 2002

In a message dated 8/6/02 12:50:14 AM, owner-lbo-talk-digest at lists.panix.com writes:

Chuck Munson wrote:
>By "us" I refer to those in the anti-capitalist movements who aren't
>interested in building a "popular front," "one big party," or "one big
>movement."

Or, as the IWW would say, 'one big union.'

>I mean, come on, who gives a fuck about those damn Teamsters?
>This damn union has been the friend of government and big business going
>back for a long time.

Well, the gov't did, that's why they removed Carey. Half a million people out on strike scared them. Black Bloc's probably "mostly an annoying sideshow" from the corporate perspective.

>I'd suggest that the Left should adopt a more hostile stance towards big
>labor. The big unions have to go, especially the Teamsters. Perhaps one
>strategy might be to infiltrate these unions an incite the rank-and-file
>so the unions split up.

Real rank and file power, wherever else it may come from, doesn't come from a bunch of self-righteous people 'infiltrating' unions, I'll guarantee that. But the strategy you suggest will cause a lot of confusion and distress, as genuine indigenous leaders are attacked by the self-righteous, who, for all their claims that we need no leaders, secretly think they are the only ones who have it all figured out. Save us from these saviors.

Jenny Brown co-chair, Alachua County Labor Party