Anarcho-Stalinism (chuck)

Chuck Munson chuck at tao.ca
Tue Aug 6 16:39:47 PDT 2002

JBrown72073 at cs.com wrote:

> In a message dated 8/6/02 12:50:14 AM, owner-lbo-talk-digest at lists.panix.com
> writes:
>
> Chuck Munson wrote:
> >By "us" I refer to those in the anti-capitalist movements who aren't
> >interested in building a "popular front," "one big party," or "one big
> >movement."
>
> Or, as the IWW would say, 'one big union.'

That isn't what 'one big union' means. I can't explain, but I was under the mistaken assumption that this was similar, for years.

> >I mean, come on, who gives a fuck about those damn Teamsters?
> >This damn union has been the friend of government and big business going
> >back for a long time.
>
> Well, the gov't did, that's why they removed Carey. Half a million people
> out on strike scared them. Black Bloc's probably "mostly an annoying
> sideshow" from the corporate perspective.

They removed Carey because he was an expendable leader whose tenure threatened to put workers on strike. A good example of what I've been taling about today.

This is similar to the U.S. attitude toward dictators. We like you as long as you fit our interests. If you do something that makes a country unfit for business interests, out you go.

> >I'd suggest that the Left should adopt a more hostile stance towards big
> >labor. The big unions have to go, especially the Teamsters. Perhaps one
> >strategy might be to infiltrate these unions an incite the rank-and-file
> >so the unions split up.
>
> Real rank and file power, wherever else it may come from, doesn't come from a
> bunch of self-righteous people 'infiltrating' unions, I'll guarantee that.
> But the strategy you suggest will cause a lot of confusion and distress, as
> genuine indigenous leaders are attacked by the self-righteous, who, for all
> their claims that we need no leaders, secretly think they are the only ones
> who have it all figured out. Save us from these saviors.
>
> Jenny Brown
> co-chair, Alachua County Labor Party

Save us from the labor leaders who sell us out to the bosses!

<< Chuck0 >>

Personal homepage -> http://flag.blackened.net/chuck0/home/index.html Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Factsheet 5 -> http://www.factsheet5.org/ AIM: AgentHelloKitty

Web publishing and services for your nonprofit: Bread and Roses Web Publishing http://www.breadandrosesweb.org/

"...ironically, perhaps, the best organised dissenters in the world today are anarchists, who are busily undermining capitalism while the rest of the left is still trying to form committees."

-- Jeremy Hardy, The Guardian (UK)