nader and unions

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Aug 8 13:08:26 PDT 2002

frank scott wrote:

>when upper middle class feminists end their fawning love for the
>slimeball due to his support for abortion and see clinton as the
>wretched sexist slug he was/is, I might become more inclined to fault
>old ralph for his less than perfect life record regarding some subjects
>of pc....even then, might is the operative word.

The right to abortion isn't some upper middle class feminist concern, nor is it PC. UMC women can pay for their own abortions; poor women can't. And Nader's refusal to engage that issue over the years is pretty suspect.

Nor are abortion and unions (!) "PC" issues. Whenever people invoke PC, they're almost always taking cover for some conventional position while trying to appear bold and fresh. Fuck that.

Doug