unions

Lew Higgins lew at higgins.org.uk
Thu Aug 15 00:01:35 PDT 2002

I'm not sure which Marxists you may be referring to but Marx and most Marxists talk about socializing the ownership of the means of production (i.e. land, factories, railways, etc.). It is only under certain historical and social conditions that the means of production serve as capital, that is, wealth that is used to create more wealth for sale and a view to profit. Banks, pension funds, MNCs, etc. are important for a capital(ist) society but they are redundant in a society based on the common ownership of the means of production.

-- Lew