unions

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Aug 15 08:26:28 PDT 2002

Lew Higgins wrote:

> [...]

Well no shit, Lew, but how do you conceive this "common ownership" being constructed? Via what mechanisms of ownership and control? Bourgeois experience shows that these are very complex tasks, and if you're talking about production on any kind of scale, then you can't evade this complexity by invoking received formulas like "common ownership of the means of production." How do you get there from here?

Cue to Carrol saying, we can't know, it's stupid to ask, we should just retreat into cranky fatalism while we wait for M Godot to arrive.

Doug