calling in loans

Chris Clarke cclarke at faultline.org
Tue Aug 27 11:47:21 PDT 2002

I'm new to the list, and will gladly accept a thwap on the head if this is a) too far off-topic, or b) done to death before I got here, but:

on 8/27/02 11:10 AM, Joe R. Golowka at joeg at ieee.org wrote:

> Of course in an anarchist society
> welfare wouldn't be needed since there'd be no private property.

None? I spend a week painting a Celtic knot on my hatchet handle and someone can just haul it away to Bakersfield without offering something in return? My girlfriend writes me a letter and nothing can stop the local compost bin construction committee from taking it to read aloud at their nightly meeting? The neighboring town can rip out my town's tomato field for their heliport?

I understand limiting the ability to accumulate private property beyond "personal effects" and local usufruct. But no private property at all?

-- Chris Clarke | Editor, Faultline http://www.faultline.org | California's Environmental Magazine