calling in loans

eric dorkin eric_dorkin at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 27 11:54:46 PDT 2002

why *must* there be no "private" property in an anarchist society? Certainly, there will be limits on how others can intervene on your personal space. This may or may not extend to things, but there should be no a priori reason one way or the other. If people collectively agree to provide certain autonomous rights over things to people, so be it. That is up to the exercise of their free and collective judgment.

Even today, private property is not inviolate. Society limits what you can do with your private property, e.g., dumping toxic wastes onto "your" land.