Kill em all

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 6 13:35:12 PST 2002

When is it
> > that you think the Us was motivated by high
> > ideals--under Clinton and Halfbright, when she was
> > justifying the daeths of tens or hundreds of
> thousands
> > of Iraqi children as worth it?
>
> Well, I certainly don't think the thought she was
> giving voice to was, "Gee,
> it's a shame that so many Iraqi children have to
> die, but it's all worth it
> because it helps preserve the US's place as the
> preeminent world power."

The Old Man once said we don't judge someone by what she thinks of herself. Of course everyone thinks their acts are justified by the highest ideals. Hitler thought so. That doesn't mean that that's what motivated them. Don't be naive.

> > We don't know whether policew ork would have
> worked,
>
> Again, I ask what reason do you have for thinking it
> would've worked? It
> seems the burden of proof is on you, in the same
> it's on me when I suggest
> military action worked.

Well, I don't neceassry think it would have worked very well. The Mafia is still with us after all these years or all this police work. But it had a better chance of working than military action. you don't go after bees with cannon.

> > and you seem to think that the war in
> Afghanistan,w
> > hich you are pleased to treat as piece of the war
> > against terror,
>
> Yeah, I think it was a response to terror.

Confuses occasion with motivation and rationale.

> > I don't concede that the war on Afghanistan was
> part
> > of a war against terrorism,
>
> Then what was it? A mere pretext for conquering the
> Middle East?

For starters. I find this far more plausible than your idea that it was motivated by a sincere desire to stomp out terrorism.

jks