Cops shoot hancuffed man

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 10 07:18:47 PST 2002

> > The thing is, however, that cops responding to
> > emergencies seldom have the proper equipment or
> training
> > to neutralize an out of control person - all they
> carry
> > is guns.
>
> every beat cop i see has a night-stick.

A heavy flashlight too. And bobbies, who carry only nightsticks, do OK. Fact is, American cops are a bit quick on the trigger. We had a problem here in Chicago a few years ago with cops blowing away people who pulled cell phones and the like on them, had about five of those in a year. They got some bad press and some humongeous law suits, and more recently they have been a lot better,

jks