polygamy

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Mon Feb 11 11:43:59 PST 2002

At 11:29 AM 02/11/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>butt, seriously, i was physically and emotionally battered by a woman lover
>(when i was a kid), and i've seen plenty of the same sort of violence among
>lesbians, etc since then. abusive relationships are fairly common among
>lesbians, because it's about power relations between two people.

I'm sorry to hear it.

>the notion that women wouldn't engage in abusive or hurtful behavior
>because of some mysteriously naturalized sexuality is a real problem, if
>you ask me.

Did I ever say that? How/when? In the emotional trauma game, aside from being raped (by a man), I'd say the most damage came from my mother: "you lazy slut...you don't have an ounce of femininity...What a nice boy, I wonder what he's doing with you...."

Could everyone please remember that I was originally responding to a post justifying the repression/subjugation of women under Islam???

Joanna