British not patsies!

Chris Burford cburford at gn.apc.org
Tue Feb 12 00:25:59 PST 2002

At 12/02/02 07:53 +0800, Greg wrote:
>There is an element of fatal fanatsy in all this, the baby boots Caligual
>routine is simply unrealistic and self-delusional. By spurning
>sychophantic multi-laterialism - which admittedly was as far as
>multi-lateralism really ever reached - is not Bush providing the ground
>for some real multilateralism. AT one point or another his "allies" will
>cool off completely and wonder whether more strength might be obtained by
>a wider alliance which sidesteps America.

I agree but I would say that this is already happening. Blair always had a large measure of calcuation under his sycophancy. The latest press reports are clearly coordinated by Campbell, including the astonishing "megaphone" criticism by the EU's commissioner for foreign affairs (if I have despite haste got the title right) - Chris Patten.

And the highly authoritative report given to the Observer. A "source close to the Prime Minister" means the Prime Minister!

Regards

Chris Burford