Fascism

Charles Brown CharlesB at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Wed Feb 20 09:43:24 PST 2002

Fascism Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 09:00:25 -0500 From: bartelbyvqf at cs.com Subject: RE:

At the risk of sounding obtuse--I think that fascism is pseudo-revanchist(apologies for the previous word)elements of the bourgeoisie and their followers aping the aristocracy. If folks think I am wrong on this feel free to let me have it. mcapri

^^^^^^^

CB: I was thinking something similar in that there were still elements of the aristocracy in Germany and Italy. There was still a Kaiser in WWI. So, a class analysis might take account of this factor. Of course "fasces" are the bundle of rods in the "SPQR" of the coat of arms of the Roman Empire, and Mussolini chose the name out of reactionary nationalism , "reacting" way back to Rome's heyday.

The U.S. has no aristocratic feudal history, although the KKK derives to some extent from the American slaveowning class.