slogans

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Jan 29 15:49:09 PST 2002

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
> So if people
> walking through midtown - bankers, secretaries, messengers - see a
> group of people saying "burn your fucking banks!" they will certainly
> be alarmed. They won't have to wait for the 11 o'clock news.

You do love easy targets. But the point is that those signs are going to be there; you or I or Yoshie or Lou Proyect can rant as much as we like; on this topic we are speaking to a blank wall as far as influencing anyone. They are, in my preferred metaphor, part of the weather of any mass political movement. Accept it and move on to considering how one can organize under the conditions as given.

Carrol