slogans

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Jan 29 19:18:46 PST 2002

Ian Murray wrote:

> Ok, but how do we prevent endogenously driven disorganizing from
> occurring under the conditions given? Accepting the jerk factor in
> the weather means we're letting counterfinality trump solidarity as
> a technique of deepening commitment and bringing more
> citizens-workers into the festival. To think things will hold
> together without a minimum of agreed upon self-restraints by any
> and all groups in message-strategy-tactics means we could be on the
> way to repeating the mistakes that led to....Carter and Reagan.

The answer is really simple. ;->

You organize several hundred thousand around your proposed tactics and the jerks will be so outnumbered that even the Checkout line tabloids won't be able to make them visible.

Lenin says somewhere that anarchism is the penalty the working class pays for its sins of opportunism. The _only_ way to defeat anarchism is to defeat working-class opportunism. Anarchism will always win out in direct conflict such as Doug on this list and Lou on the marxism list are trying. They are spitting into the wind.

Carrol