Globalization study: Less poverty, more equality

Joe R. Golowka joeG at ieee.org
Mon Jul 8 13:45:11 PDT 2002

> From my reading of the data, it's hard to say that globalization has
> increased inequality in any unambiguous way - assuming you can even
> specify what "globalization" is.

There is no such thing as "globalization". It is at most an abstract concept with no bearing on reality other then for propaganda purposes. Instead of dealing with criticisms of the actual institutions and policies so-called "anti-globalizationists" have (like Structural Adjustments and the like) the "free market" priests invent this myth called "globalization" and then defend it. It's basically a straw man.

-- Joe R. Golowka JoeG at ieee.org Anarchist FAQ - http://www.anarchyfaq.org

"If the Nuremberg laws were applied today, then every Post-War American president would have to be hanged." - Noam Chomsky