Dog bites man

pms laflame at aaahawk.com
Tue Jul 9 23:58:59 PDT 2002

I disagree about the owners of capital being the big losers. At least US BIG capital. I think the real money sold all the way up. I've gotten out of the tech stocks at the right time, a coupla times in the last few years, simply because I ran across reports that while money flows into money market funds were net negative, the institutional money was flowing IN. I also suspect that US treasuries have seen the very largest holders liquidating as the general public has moved into bonds. And when I look at price/vol charts of gold stocks it's truly amazing that when the market was still looking like a dead market, at the very bottom, the volumes were the highest. Speaking of glitter, the action in silver is rather shocking. Even as gold had a big correction, silver moved ahead. Everyone is very confused because relationships between the two metals, the general market and the USD, which have been in force for many, many months, years in some cases, totally went hay-wire last month. Interesting times indeed. ----- Original Message ----- From: Joe R. Golowka <joeG at ieee.org> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2002 12:43 AM Subject: Re: Dog bites man

> > The corporate scandals concern widespread theft of capital by corporate
managers. These managers
> have used their position to transfer wealth from shareholders (owners of
capital) into their own
> pockets by various fraudulent means.
> >
> > Naturally enough, the original owners of the capital are not pleased.
But the fuss has nothing to