No subject

Todd Archer todda39 at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 14 10:31:12 PDT 2002

Equals? Who said anything about equals? I asked you:

>where does "anti-Stalinism" (however you define that) shade into
>"ultra-leftism" (however you define that)?

I was asking for your nuanced opinion of, basically, how far "anti-Stalinism" can go before it starts leaving the real world behind (which, as I understand it, is what "ultra-leftism" means). I figure a smart guy like you must have had thoughts like this: how far is too far.

As for the anti-Trotsky crap, I've heard that one and understood it as Uncle Joe making a mountain out of a molehill for propaganda purposes ("Look at that Trotsky and his ilk! We're trying to deal with the facts on the ground, but all he can do is complain and critique! That sort of obfuscation can only help the Fascists"). Like the best propaganda, it has its grain of truth leavened with a mountain of innuendo.

Please don't think I've gone binary.

Todd

_________________________________________________________________ MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx