Combat gear

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Wed Jun 5 02:07:50 PDT 2002

``The two ties I do have though are Peter Max with The Beatles Yellow Submarine and the Jerry Garcia Collection...'' Michael Pugliese

I did buy one of those blue blazer/gray slacks/striped tie and lofter outfits once back in `89 and actually wear it once in awhile.

Anyway, I think I understand the social dynamics of Justin's combat gear. You need dress creditability in court and legal proceedings because everybody is lying. So the more authentic your dress, the more persuasive you become.

For example, several years ago I was involved in a class action law suit over bad medical equipment. The case turned into a long series of settlement meetings. In the one I attended, the manufacturer's attorney during a meeting in chambers was wearing a very expensive darkish olive Armani suit, charcoal dress shirt with a hand crafted knit tie and thin soled lofters. His hands were well manicured, his ring understated, his designer watch was small rectangular gold with a leather band, and his hair was tailored short but not too short with a nice line on his high forehead. Our side's legal beagle was dressed in a standard, well made business suit that was slightly worn, with a regular hair cut, plastic casio watch and he used throw away ball point pens and legal pads. I looked like a mechanic who washed his hands, combed his hair and put in his best outfit (blue blazer noted above) worth maybe three hundred dollars ten years ago.

Your the judge, I ask you who would be telling the truth? Surprise! Everybody was lying through their teeth, but we won.

Chuck Grimes