sports broadcasting (was icarian falls . . .)

Jeffrey Fisher jfisher at igc.org
Thu Jun 6 10:16:28 PDT 2002

On Thursday, June 6, 2002, at 12:01 PM, Chuck Munson wrote:

> <snip>
>
> I just find soccer and hockey to be more exciting and interesting
> currently than the more popular sports. Baseball has really gone into
> the
> tubes.

never been a baseball fan, but do enjoy soccer. i'm glad it's finally getting some play again in the states. remember the nasl and pele?

>>> <snip>

>>> have we had the sports commentator discussion on this list? john
>>> mcenroe
>> is the king of sports commentators. undisputed.
>
> I can't contribute much, because I think the role of the sports
> announcers
> is to announce the game, not entertain me. Kind of like good referees.
> The
> good ones aren't noticeable.

i disagree. the best ones are the ones who help you understand the game. mcenroe excels at that.

-- jeff fisher dilettante--er, that's "so-called intellectual" http://www.brainmortgage.com/