Plato

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 25 07:31:19 PDT 2002

>Please don't equate my statements as police behavior. Ever.

Gee, sorry, you're sensitive today!

>Oh please. To say that feudalism ended is not the same as raising
>the issue as to the misuse of the term aberration. Lighten up
>already. Some people in England did some things *intentionally* in
>order to secure advantages, powers, riches, vis a vis others and
>some other people who held power within various institutions
>enabled them. Just because they didn't say "lets invent
>capitalism" doesn't mean what happened is analogizable to what
>happens when cars collide or you fall off a ladder. To say that a
>"dynamical alternative" which differentiates itself from some
>political-economic status quo via acts of intentionality shall be
>deemed an aberration is to privilege that status quo as aberration
>serves as a term of normative/moral judgement.

Ahh, so you are bothered by what you see as a normative or moral implication in the term. That's not what I meant. I was speaking purely positively. And why indeed cannot one analogize the unintended effects of intentional behavior to falling off a ladder? Who appointed you to the Acadamie Anglais? This is language uh, nun behavior (I'm an old parochial school product).

jks