Bang, bang, you're dead

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 6 20:45:38 PST 2002

>there's also the observation that gun control has squat to do with
>reducing crime; it's merely a way for upper income persons to
>regulate behavior of which they disapprove.

That's bullshit Max, why don't you go down to SE DC and ask decent citizens what they think of gun control. It's real popular on the South Side of Chicago. The rural and semi-rural white working class hates it of course. But blacks, who live as much in terror of the gangbangersa s they do of the cops, have different view. I don't knwo the stats on whether it reduces crime. I do note that in OtherCountries, like England and Japan, where handguns are strictly regulated, the number of deaths due to guns are under 100 annually, whereas in the US they must be over 15,000. I wouldn't make a fetish of gun control, me, although I think it's silly to imagine opposing the 101st Airborne with a homeowner's .44 mag, call it the residue of Greensboro if you like.

jks