Left Exaggeration and What Nathan Said

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 14 14:37:26 PST 2002

I cant find the email but Nathan mentioned somewhere yesterday about how some of the Left had screamed about how many would die in this recent war, the Gulf war, etc etc and how the capitalists had learned from Vietnam more than the Left.

I have to agree with him on this. Somehow, I get the idea that many on the Left lose sight of what the rulers want to do...make money and keep control of the population so that they can continue to make more and more profit. Most do not kill for the joy of it...they kill because that is what they must do to preserve their rule and further their exploits.

So, it is almost comical to see the knee-jerk reaction of some leftists who go around screaming about total destruction, world war III, and what have you...and then it doesn't happen. Now mind you any carnage is too much...but the capitalists have learned their lesson and are not playing according to your definition. As long as they can stay in power and continue to do their thing, they would just as soon their be no violence, as that only leads to further resistance. The western bourgeioise understands draconian dialectics better than, say, the Soviets.

This is the same Leftist Greek chorus that bellows out about how capitalism is on the verge of collapse, how it is the "eve" of revolution. Well, if Christmas Eve, were like this "eve" of revolution, a lot of children would have gotten dentures before ever getting visited from Santa Claus.

The capitalists seem a lot better at looking at reality than most on the Left which is one reason, I suppose, why they are able to perpetuate their rule. The greek chorus enjoys drama and the theatrical ring of their jingles more than really assessing the situation, or so it seems to me.

Thomas

===== "The tradition of all the dead generations

weighs like a nightmare on the brain of the living"

-Karl Marx