al-Qaeda and Taliban

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Thu Mar 14 20:21:46 PST 2002

> Charles: Their using nuclear weapons would be suicide, which should raise
a lot of doubt that they would use them. This implies that al-Qaeda and the Taliban interpret the Koran in some sort of doomsday fashion. What's the evidence of that ?

> Americans like to "justify" their military invasions by imagining the
invadees as insanely subhuman and irrational. Thus, according to the American version of the Viet Namese, the Viet Namese had less respect for human life than Americans. Oh what a dastardly lie to coverup and rationalize Americans' , racist disrespect for the lives of Viet Namese.

> So, now, of course, al-Qaeda and the Taliban want to get nuclear weapons
so that they can use them as soon as possible and get themselves and most of Arab and Islamic civilization nuked back 100 times over for sure. This is because of course, as our enemies, they are not as rational as we are; they are as irrational and insane as anything an American's imagination can come up with to "justify" America doing whatever it wants to them.

> NOT !

This is really dumb, even for you Charles. The US war against Vietnam was nothing like what is happening in Afghanistan --not even like what happened with the Red Army in Afghanistan (which killed a million-plus). The NLF and North Vietnamese, for all their deplorable Stalinist traits, were nevertheless strictly radical nationalists and secular. They simply wanted foreign domination of their country to end. Once the US was kicked out, the Vietnamese didn't try to keep the war going; quite the opposite (they have been among the most forgiving people I've ever seen, especially when you consider the devastation they endured). Can't say the same about the Taliban and al-Qaeda. If you can't see the difference here, then you deserve that glass case you undoubtedly reside in.

DP