Kelly's rage

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 14 15:42:14 PST 2002

--- Kelley <kwalker2 at gte.net> wrote:

> it has nothing to do with their inner natures,
> though, does it? that's the
> problem with your claims: you turn it into something
> that has to do with
> their character, with their bodies. you may not mean
> to do this, but it is
> there when you do not stop to offer a structural
> analysis of the reasons
> why there are no bookstores.

Kelley, do you think that Joanna is not aware of this? Does she have to put a footnote (larger than her email) at the bottom of her email to clarify the reasons for "the ignorance of the countryside". Sure there are socioeconomic reasons that a place sucks...but does that mean you should say it doesn't suck?

The truth is that there are a number of wastelands such as the Plattsburgh that Joanna depicts. I am sure she is aware of the socioeconomic reasons for that. Yes, she used an unsavory word "inbreds" but that was well over a month ago, I believe. It seems like you, who are not exactly the most cautious with words, would make Joanna walk on eggs linguistically.

Also, the fact that you go on the attack again more than a month after she uttered the statement lends support to the notion that you have a problem with Joanna and are not just respectfully criticizing an idea.

Thomas

===== "The tradition of all the dead generations

weighs like a nightmare on the brain of the living"

-Karl Marx