archives

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Mar 16 12:16:26 PST 2002

Matt Cramer wrote:

>On Sat, 16 Mar 2002, budge wrote:
>
>[...]
>
>> > If you care about your privacy,
>>
>> This is actually more an argument about respect for other
>> people, not that I can actually put a price tag on that for
>> you, so I don't actually expect you to understand that.
>> But I had expected a bit more from my 'left' brethren.
>
>Ah, it seems you've done some homework. But it is still a cheap shot.
>And I don't see much respect in demanding that list archives be managed in
>a way that appeals to your particular notion of online privacy.

It's been known from almost the beginning of the archive that they were indexed. I don't recall any serious complaints about this from anyone, except over a few specific posts. It's strange to watch someone with a lot of technical sophistication get so pissy about it now.

I've changed the list intro file and the descrip on the website. I'd never thought of that before, but now it's in clear bold type. This list is a public space. The archives are indexed. If you don't want to be indexed, don't post.

Doug