Bobby Fischer

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Fri Mar 22 14:38:50 PST 2002

At 05:02 PM 03/22/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>- --- Chuck Grimes <cgrimes at rawbw.com> wrote:
> > Which Chuck, Chuck_0?
> >
> > But you realize the usefulness of publishing a quack
> > like Fischer, is
> > to discredit any reasonable opposition to the whole
> > war mongering
>
>I see. So, if we just censor people, everything will
>be ok.
>
>When are some on the Left going to get over this need
>for a totalitarian anti-democratic censor?
>
>Thomas

I don't think that Chuck's pointing out the tactical meaning of publishing Fischer's remarks is equivalent to his advocating censorship.

I think Chuck was exactly right about how publishing such tripe is in fact a way of censoring (by pretending to do the opposite) rational and principled opposition to the war and to the U.S. support of Israeli policy.

Joanna