Diagnosis: Supersize

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Sun Mar 24 13:20:14 PST 2002

Yoshie: This just in. The Empire wants you to grow up fat and stupid and die a Supersized death...

Peter: Good point, but I didn't see anything about growing up stupid in the article.

What I find interesting about the whole issue of obesity is its individuation through the same imperial organs of mass culture that produce the disease in the first place.

In others words Empire has built little cages (work-school) with feeding troughs for the three basic food groups: sugar, fat, and preservatives. Then the experts of Empire worry about the individual's problem of getting fat while stuck in the cage feeding on what is most readily available. And as a antidote, well we have all these consumer products including the healthcare system to cure the individual of the diseases produced by the same consumer culture---the same consumer culture that keeps Empire working to spread itself and its diseases world wide.

Can the circle be unbroken, by and by, Lord, by and by?

Chuck Grimes