The Oscars

Abdee akalantari at nyc.rr.com
Tue Mar 26 16:51:01 PST 2002

Not everything was trivial Joanna. A tribute to New York so sincerely done by woody Allen and Ms. Ephron was not trivial. Sidney Poitier's achievement is not trivial. Randy Newman's talent is not trivial. Neither was Mr. Morris' short documentary where we saw ordinary people, ourselves, and a couple celebrities like Susan Sontag talking half-seriously about movies. Why is "Sopranos" an exception, it comes from the same factory with same formulas? How's a commercial "Chekhovian'? Abdee

----- Original Message ----- From: "joanna bujes" <joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2002 6:53 PM Subject: The Oscars