Terror Inc.

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Sat May 4 08:16:03 PDT 2002

kelley:

> Why oh why are Al-Q and the Taliban being lumped together like this?
> Serious Q: Did I miss something? Is there a persuasive account of why they
> should be considered nearly on and the same?

Umm, kel, did you happen to miss that the Taliban allowed al-Qaeda free reign during their rule? That they both subscribe to the same delusional, murderous vision? I'll grant that al-Qaeda is more sophisticated than the rubes of the Taliban, but in Afghanistan they were definitely connected.

> Dennis, I think you can point out how lame some response on the left was,
> without going down this path!

What path is that?

DP