Terror Inc.

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Sat May 4 09:44:07 PDT 2002

> Why would the US government alter its relations with the Arab world
> _for better_ while making war on Afghanistan, setting up new bases in
> Central Asia, increasing its military presence in the Middle East,
> sending troops to the Philippines, & upgrading Plan Colombia from the
> rhetoric of the "war on drugs" to an explicit defense of oil
> pipelines, supporting the (thankfully failed) coup against Chavez in
> Venezuela, preparing a war on Iraq, etc.? There is no factual basis
> for your fantasy, pleasant as it may be to dream on.

> Yoshie

If anyone lives in a fantasy land, it's you Yoshie, dreaming about how your Leninist concept of politics will somehow take root among the poor and dispossessed of America. You are always banging on about organizing a "real" left; yet when a prime issue like this arises out of the smoke and ash of Ground Zero, where a "real" left committed to actual lives could make a difference, you raise your fist in the air and pretend it's 1969 all over again. The US was a growing empire in 1941, had invaded Nicaragua, had imperial/financial intentions in Asia and South America, allowed racial segregation at home among other sins. So what right did we have to attack the Germans or the Japanese? And why did the left of that period support imperial America? Were they living in a dream world?

DP