Native Amerikkkan Genocide

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Sat May 11 07:54:40 PDT 2002

Though I did not find her e-mail address on the Carr Center's website I did find a general one. I sent the thread. Let's see if the haute bourgeoisie mandarins repond.

You are an anarchist Gordon, so, this following comment is reaaaaaaaallllllllyyyyyy baiting. (I've been in the most snarlacious mood lately!) But, your reaction reminds me of the apocryphal story about the Stalinist in the thirties confronted by a Trotskyist or a left-liberral over the Purge Trials in Moscow. "I hear they lynch Blacks in the South!"

The continual refrain since the 60's on the left about Amerikkka being on the wrong side of history and backing the wrong sidee in civil/revolutionary conflicts through massive military and other aid contains an implicit demand/hope that cutting off, for example the $1.3 Billion + gone to the Columbian miliary this yr. to slaughter their Indians, s/b high on the list of agitational/lobbying agendas of the practical left.Absent that Revolutionary Seizure Of Power qwhich ain't gonna ever happen here, folks like those in HRW, AI and Columbia solidarity groups attempt to pressure the USG to live up to it's rhetoric on human rights.Now, unless you hold to the Devil Theory of History like ultra-leftists do and impotentently wait for that inevitable collapse of kapitalizm that never seems to arrive, you've got to do that boring shit of education your fellow citizens of the Empire and lobbyour representatives. For example, mine, Nancy Pelosi has as her top local staffer at the S.F. Federal Bldg, Fred Ross, Jr. Son of Fred Ross, who was a major figure in the UFW. Fred Ross, Jr. in the 80's was active in El Salvador and Nicaragua solidary work for CISPES and later, Labor to Neighbor.

One can either, rage at the very real atrocities committed by and for the American Empire, home and abroad, or harness that anger to do something to attenuate it.Eliminating fascist barbarity totally requires not just the necessary but not sufficient overturning of the politico-economic structures that undergird oppression and exploitation but a radical psycholological set of changes too in the massers and elites. In other words, utopianism, that every experience so far in human history, belies that naive hopes that undlie way too many belief systems of leftists and liberals and progressives. Michael Pugliese